Rules & Regulations
We're here to help make cool ideas come to life, in the form of smart, enjoyable, problem-solving, life-improving and of course, brilliantly successful products. There are a lot of competitions for products that are already in production and on the market. The Cool Idea! Award comes in much further upstream, at the design and development stage, when innovators are too often stymied by lack of resources to turn their ideas into real products. Here are some general guidelines to help you with the submission process:
- If you are granted an award, Proto Labs will ask you to agree to let us actively promote your project in print, press releases, case studies, etc.
- A 3D CAD model must accompany the application form.
- Cool Idea! award recipients will have 90 days to use their award.
- If the project is part of a government contract or grant, it is not eligible for an award.
- Proto Labs employees and families are not eligible for an award.
For complete Terms and Conditions, click here.